It’s here, summer has arrived. For those of us that missed spring, in a flash summer appeared, I got left sometime back in February, but time marched on, and just like that, we are in June, beginning summer. Thankfully, for many of us, life is resuming to a new normal, trips are being planned, and some events are taking place.
Since clothing is a paramount aspect of my life, I always like to be prepared for the upcoming season, and I hate to repeat myself, but now more than ever, retail therapy is much needed.
I think most seasons require an essentials list, and this summer is no exception, so I thought I would delve into what you need to round out your summer wardrobe.
• First and foremost, it is a blazer. A huge trend for fall, it carried over for summer. I love the look with jeans, dressing up shorts (that’s so our vibe) for out to dinner, or over that sleeveless dress to elevate it a touch. For those that know me, black is the color of choice for me. Lightweight linen or colorful twill will do the same.
• Shorts are a must-have; depending on your lifestyle, they could be Bermuda length in a dressy fabric, denim (my favorite) or patterned fabric. All perfect with a blazer or cardigan (another summer essential) or a myriad of tee shirts(always essential). Regardless of local, that look will take you from day into night.
• Expounding on the cardigan, as an essential, this is the season to try a duster! Add a duster to your basic dress, jeans, shorts, pants and your look goes from ordinary to extraordinary with full-on attitude. The best part is most are lightweight, and many are short-sleeved.
• The ultimate summer essential is, of course, a great pair of jeans! On-trend this season would be a high rise cropped flare. The good news is that ALL denim is an essential; skinnies, full-length flares, side slit, front detail, sheared-off hems, you name it, wear your denim! White jeans are an eternally chic choice for freshening up the everyday wardrobe. Most have a bit of stretch woven in for flexibility.
1. This beachy cardigan is super soft and lightweight, making it the perfect layer for every day. What sets it apart is the fringe detail along the bottom hem. This loose fit cardi features a dropped shoulder and loose arm for that perfect laidback, slouchy look. The stripes are knit directly into the fabric. We love this as a beach cover up, but it also pairs perfectly over a tank and jeans.
2. Tencel twill, slouchy blazer. Fully lined with light padding in the shoulders. Marbled Buttons down the front and on the cuffs.
3. Cropped, high-rise skinny with a figure-flattering contoured waistband and side trim detAIL. Designed to offer a slimming, supportive fit while remaining effortlessly cool and on-trend.
4. Instasculpt cropped flare with a flattering mid-rise and an alluring contoured waistband. This vintage, heritage-inspired look will both slim the waist and elongate the leg. Star detail.
5. Mid-rise boyfriend short with an easy, relaxed fit. Sitting at the hips, it features a slouchy cut that will easily complement your downtown-chic look.
6. A wardrobe classic, this blazer features a double striped pattern and is crafted with a soft stretch for all-day comfort and polish. The blazer is made with a striped satin lining, single button closure, and peak lapels. Add a refined touch to jeans and a tee or team with tailored trousers for effortless sophistication.
7. This luxurious short sleeve cardigan is so soft and lightweight, making it the perfect throw on for spring and summer. A tie-dye pattern is screenprinted by hand all over for a fun, on trend look. A fringe along the bottom hem ads a touch of boho whimsy. Pair this top over denim shorts and a tank for a dramatic, yet easy look.
8. This versatile crochet cover-up is great accent piece that you can easily take from day to night. Features a draped front, and 3/4 raglan bell sleeves. 100% cotton.
9. This cute linen cardigan is a must-have! It’s an easy throw on piece that instantly adds a little somethin’ to your outfit!
Now that we’ve all cleaned out our closets, we’ve made room for some of the fun looks summer has to offer! And the best part is we can get back to the new normal feeling fresh.
I am so blessed to continue to do what I love, bringing great looks to some of the most loyal and generous clients!